Good news. I’m still here. I forgot to take my pain meds during the night (just Tylenol, nothing stronger as I’m still nursing Clara) and woke up convinced I was leaving this world. Tooth (or lack thereof, as I had a double wisdom tooth extraction) pain is a cruel, cruel thing.
Fortunately, the meds kicked in quickly and Danny brought me a coffee to further banish my headache. I’ve had some quiet time to surf the web (rare, these days) and have rounded up my first link love of 2013 for your reading pleasure.
So join me over a cup of coffee, be thankful you can pair it with a scone or a muffin (I’m on liquids for a few days), and catch up on some reading. Tons of news and dinner inspiration ahead!
~ Bueller? We’re running a survey and would love your input to help make Simple Living Media a better place. Take the survey.
~ Pure Charity is pure awesome. And look who they named as their Change Catalysts for December? Crazy.
~ Aimee on the airwaves? Sure. I had a blast in studio recently with the ladies from ‘All in a Weekend’ on CBC Radio One. You can listen to the clip online.
~ I posted a short recap of our favorite holidays moments over on my family blog, Under the High Chair. (This is newsworthy only because I seldom update that sweet little space…) If SUPER cute kids aren’t your thing, don’t bother to click through. Heh.
January produces a goldmine of dinner ideas, most of them healthy options. Here’s are some dishes I want to add to my menu plan STAT:
- Chicken and Black Bean Smoky Rice Skillet :: Picky Palate
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup :: Food for My Family
- Quinoa Spinach Mac and Cheese :: Two Peas and Their Pod
- Mexican Black Bean Chili with Sausage :: Some the Wiser
- Coconut Curried Shrimp with Coconut Rice :: What’s Gaby Cooking
- Slow Cooker French Dip Panini :: Goodlife Eats
- Crispy Baked Chicken :: A Spicy Perspective
- Sausage, Ricotta & Spinach Pizza (No-Knead Pizza Dough) :: Family Bites
- Spicy Peanut Chicken Rice Bowl :: Closet Cooking
Have you bookmarked something awesome this week? Share it in the comments!