Our long weekend plans changed somewhat when Danny sprained his ankle playing ultimate frisbee with his drop-in league. Thankfully, it’s not to serious, and we’ll just have to slow down a little to accommodate. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Hit the jump for my round up of weekend reading, plus my favourite iPhone photos of the week.
Weekend link love:
- Lunch box recipes and tips :: Kitchen Simplicity
- How To Make Stir-Fry Freezer Meals :: The Kitchn
- Peach Bourbon Pie with a Bacon Brown Sugar Crumble :: Food for My Family
- Moussaka Burgers :: Closet Cooking
- 7 Items to Pick Up at the Market Now :: Food52
- How your Kale habit is slowly destroying your health and the world :: Hunt. Gather. Love (don’t miss the end.)
Also, my friend Vanessa is launching an e-course this month designed to help you shop, plan and cook healthy meals at home. You can learn more about the Healthful Home Cook by watching this super cute trailer with Vanessa.
So long August, hello September: iPhone photos of the week from the homestead.
Have a wonderful long weekend! We’ll be back with a great new lunchbox recipe on Tuesday.