Written by Allison of Some the Wiser.
Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday. In my opinion, all holidays are about food, but the Thanksgiving holiday really is all about food! I have been so excited about the upcoming feast that I finalized my menu early and got a head start on the shopping and prep work. I’m feeling really prepared this year.
In fact, I’m feeling so prepared, that I’m already planning a menu for the days after the holiday is over. We will still have guests in town and lots of mouths to feed, so I’ve been thinking about ways to incorporate our Thanksgiving leftovers into post holiday meals that still taste fresh and interesting. I’m also remembering that after days of laboring in the kitchen for the big holiday feast, I want my post-holiday meals to be quick and easy so I can enjoy my friends and family for the weekend.
These Lemon Pepper Turkey Sandwiches take next to no time at all when you have turkey leftovers. The lemon pepper gravy is so full of tangy flavor and adds the perfect kick to the sandwich. These delicious and easy sandwiches will keep the turkey interesting even after the big holiday feast.
|Lemon Pepper Turkey Sandwiches|| |
- 3 Tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon, butter, divided
- 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups broth or milk
- 6 large rolls, Bolillo, Ciabatta, or dinner rolls
- Approximately 3 cups chopped or sliced cooked turkey
- In a medium saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter of medium-low heat. Stir in lemon pepper and flour until well combined. Add broth and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens into a thick gravy. Remove from heat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Slice rolls in half. Lightly butter each half with remaining teaspoon of butter. Place butter side down on the skillet. Toast, approximately 30 seconds, or until bread is lightly golden.
- Top rolls with turkey. Pour approximately 1/4 cup gravy, or as desired, over turkey. Eat warm and enjoy!
Here are a few more great ways to use your Thanksgiving leftovers:
- White Turkey Chili | Some the Wiser
- Turkey Shepherd’s Pie | Simple Bites
- Turkey Subs with Artichoke and Sun Dried Tomatoes | Good Life Eats
- Cream of Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
- Vegetable Curry with Turkey | Food for My Family
- Turkey, Arugula & Havarti Panini
- Mashed Potato Gnocchi | Macheesmo
- Quick Turkey Noodle Soup
- Mini Cranberry Walnut Tarts | Good Life Eats
How do you like to serve up leftovers?