Written by Katie of GoodLife Eats.
I‘m not really an appetizer person, so when Aimée suggested writing about a quick, last minute Thanksgiving appetizer I was a little stumped. I don’t make a lot of appetizers and I didn’t grow up in a family that served them on Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving was pretty much always just about the main feast. Luckily, my good friend Shaina came through with the idea to do something with baked brie.
This Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce and Walnuts is so simple and perfect for those who, like me, might be more focused on the side dishes and turkey to really think about pre-meal snack foods.
Chances are, you already have cranberry sauce on hand and ready to serve with your Thanksgiving feast, so there isn’t a whole lot of extra work involved in throwing this delicious sweet and savory treat together.
All photos by Katie
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow! If you’re looking for any other last minute ideas for your feast, be sure to check out Aimée’s Vegetarian Holiday Menu.
|Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce and Walnuts||
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 16-ounce brie round
- Zest of one orange
- 2/3 cup walnut pieces
- Crackers for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the top of the rind from the cheese using a serrated knife, and discard the rind. Place the cheese, cut side up on an oven safe plate or bowl. Just make sure to use a larger plate or a bowl so your cheese doesn’t start oozing off the plate like mine is in the above photo. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the cranberry sauce. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is soft and warm. Sprinkle the top with orange zest and walnuts.
- Serve immediately with crackers.
More Great Holiday Appetizers
- 15 Gluten-Free Appetizers | Simple Mom
- Almond and Cream Cheese-Stuffed Olives | Simple Bites
- Balsamic and Thyme Roasted Portabella Mushrooms | GoodLife Eats
- Cheddar & Hazelnut Stuffed Apricots | Simple Bites
- Endive with Blue Cheese and Toasted Almonds | Simple Bites
- Greek Puff Pastry Appetizers with Kalamata Olives | GoodLife Eats
- Marinated Olives with Garlic, Thyme and Rosemary | GoodLife Eats
- Rosemary Cheese Bites | GoodLife Eats
- Vegetable Crudite with Buttermilk-Black Pepper Dip | Simple Bites
What are you thankful for this year?