Herbal Homestead Gin and Tonic
Light and refreshing, with bold herbal flavours, this twist on a classic G&T is summer in a glass.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mixed fresh herb leaves basil, parsley, tarragon, coriander or thyme
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped ripe summer tomato
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped English cucumber
- ice cubes
- 2-4 shots dry gin 2-4 fl oz (depending on your preferred strength)
- 1 bottle or can tonic water well chilled
- 4 sprigs fresh herbs to garnish
Choose two sturdy, 16-ounce glasses, such as a highball, or use two pint mason jars.
Divide the herbs between the two glasses. Tip equal parts chopped tomato and cucumber on top.
Use a long-handles bar muddler (or wooden spoon) to crush both herbs and vegetables into a fragrant pulp.
Fill the glasses three-quarters full with ice and stir. Add one or two shots of gin to each glass, depending on how boozy you like it! Stir with a long handled bar spoon.
Top up drink with tonic water and garnish with a few fresh herb sprigs. Enjoy immediately.