As the sun poured through our kitchen window this morning and I lazily cracked eggs for breakfast, my husband Danny blurted out a statement that he obviously needed to get off his chest:
“You know, if I were in charge of the kitchen, there would be more coffee cake.”
His comment both amused and surprised me. For starters, he has no misconceptions about the kitchen’s domain and second, he almost never complains, so his vocalizing a desire for coffee cake was not one to ignore.
Anyway, it made me think of a coffee cake I saw this week on Shaina’s blog, and so of course that recipe is included in my weekend links, along with plenty more ‘Good Things’…
- Jam Filled Buttermilk Biscuits :: Hungry Bruno
- 10 Ways to Un-Picky Your Picky Eaters :: Picky Palate (via The Mother Huddle)
- Chai Concentrate Syrup :: Let Her Bake Cake
- Training Kids to Help in the Kitchen :: Keeper of the Home
- The Perfect Pork Roast :: Feisty Chef
- Step-by-step Three Citrus Marmalade :: Food in Jars
- Kugelhopf, A German Coffee Cake :: Food for My Family
Did you find inspiration this week? Share it with us in the comments below!