A big thank you to all who participated in The Whole Family Cookbook giveaway. We have two winners! Congratulations to Danielle and Michelle Y! You have both been notified via email.
For an entry to this giveaway, I had asked readers abut their earliest kitchen memories. Here’s what our winners had to say:
“Waking up to my mom making us homemade applesauce every morning for breakfast served with a cinnamon stick. I would use my stick as a spoon. Oh so yummy. My first baking/cooking experience I can’t remember because it was just part of our family culture to cook together. My mother and I now live hundreds of kilometers away from each other but when we get together we cook!”
“I remember being in my Granny’s kitchen making all sorts of fun things out of a “kids” cookbook. My Granny always wanted things to be educational.”
I’m pretty smitten with this eco-conscious, family-friendly cookbook from Michelle Stern. If you didn’t win the giveaway, definitely consider adding this title to your Mother’s Day wish list.
Here are a few reads and recipes that caught my eye this week…
- The Whole Family Cookbook promo video :: Whats Cooking with Kids
- Vegan Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies :: Joy the Baker
- How to Freeze Fresh Spinach :: Eat at Home
- Pepper Crusted Pork Loin with Sour Cream & Onion Sauce :: Dine and Dish (pictured above)
- Gardening with Herbs 101: What to Grow :: Keeper of the Home
- Raw Carrot Cake Breakfast Bowl :: Nourishing Days
Have a wonderful weekend and see you back here tomorrow for the next post in our Eat Well, Spend Less series!