Admittedly it was hard to find my blogging groove in February after returning from Mexico, but I am thoroughly excited for March.
My editorial calendar is already packed with gems like sugaring off (yes, it’s the most wonderful time of the year again), Clara’s first birthday (wasn’t she just born?), kitchen organizing, and Easter! It’s early this year, with Easter Sunday falling on March 31.
This week is spring break for my boys, and since Noah has been asking to get into the kitchen, I’m going to step aside and see what he comes up with. I won’t be far away, though. He’s been reading (no joke) The Complete Book of Knife Skills and is quite eager to, ahem, try his hand at a few of them. I’ll try to report on his progress in an upcoming post.
Here’s what caught my eye around the web this week, plus the winner of my Bite this Book giveaway…
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies :: Cookie & Kate – No, I’m not going gluten-free, but we are cutting back on wheat and grains in our day-to-day eating. Plus, this cookie recipe calls for maple syrup. How can I resist?
- Why We Choose Heirloom Seeds :: Nourishing Days – Shannon, a former contributor to Bites, shares her understanding of seed choices in this interesting post.
- Kitchen Remodel: Coffee Bar :: Stetted – If Megan’s snappy coffee bar is any inclination of how classy her kitchen remodel is going to be, I can’t wait to see the results.
- Making Better Habits & Choices :: Tracy’s High Straightenence blog on Homefries ~ Like Tracy, I’ve been re-evaluating priorities since getting back from Mexico. She’s got some great ideas.
- Jan hosted an impromptu gathering and set up a delicious DIY grilled cheese bar. Smashing!
* * *
A big thank you to everyone who entered to my Bite this Book giveaway for the cookbook Classic Snacks Made from Scratch: 70 Homemade Versions of Your Favorite Brand-Name Treats. We have a winner – congratulations to Estelle! Estelle, you’ve been contacted via email.
Have a wonderful weekend, all!