What fun we had this weekend with our Queen for a Day giveaway for mothers!
Thanks to each and every one who left a comment and shared a word that described their mother. Your comments were truly heartfelt and fun to read! Some of you shared about your sister, a grandmother, your own mom, or a friend – but everyone agreed that mothers are very special.
I wish everyone could win, but only one reader will take home the basket of goodies…
Congratulations to our Queen for the Day – Suzanne Slagell of Expecting Hope!! Happy Mother’s Day, Suzanne, and enjoy your basket of handcrafted accessories, fine artwork, cookbooks and more!
We also have two runner-up winners, who will each receive a copy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier personally signed by Ree!
Those winners are…Rebecca H and Jessica R. Congratulations!! You have both been notified via email.
Queen for a Day 2012 sponsors & coupon codes
A big thank you to all the sponsors that made our Simple Living Media Mother’s Day giveaway possible. Each shop is unique and we are happy to support them in this small way.
Here is the full list of sponsors, many of them with special discounts for our readers. There’s still time for a little Mother’s Day shopping!
Accessories, Bags, & Clothing
• Arteesta—Use the code QUEEN4ADAY for 10% off through May 31
• Epiphanie Bags
• Gussy Sews—Use the code GUSSYSEWS15 for 15% off through May 8
• Namaste Inc.—Use the code MOM25 for 25% off through May 5
• Shabby Apple
• EvaJuliet—Use the code FORMOM for 10% off.
• Life Manifestos—Use the code SIMPLEHOMESCHOOL for 10% off through May 4 (orders purchased by the 4th are guaranteed to arrive before Mother’s Day)
• Mary Kate McDevitt—Use the code MOMSDAY for 10% off
• Rebekka Seale on Etsy—Use the code SIMPLEMOM to get free shipping through April 14 (and her set of 3 flower prints are also on sale for Mother’s Day, all three for $35)
• River Luna—Use the code MAMALOVE for 30% off
Bath & Body
• Graham Gardens—Use the code Queen25 for 25% off through May 31, 2012 (and they always have flat rate $5 shipping)
• Live Beautifully—Use the code MOTHERSDAY20 for 20% off entire purchase until May 14
• LuSa Organics—Use the code SIMPLE GIVEAWAY (enter it in the comments field during checkout) for a free bar of naked soap with orders over $35, through May 15
• MadeOn Hard Lotion—Use the code SLM2012 for 10% off through May 5
• Saville’s Row—Use the code SAVILLE33 for 15% off
• Naturally Fun Parties for Kids, Ice Pop Joy, and The Organic Family Cookbook by Anni Daulter
• The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier by Ree Drummond
• For My Children: A Mother’s Journal of Memories, Wishes and Wisdom by Dionna Ford
• Mother Letters, curated by Sean and Amber Haines—Use the code SIMPLE5 for the price of $5 each through May 4
• Whole Grain Baking from King Arthur Flour
• The Rhythm of Family: Discovering a Sense of Wonder Through the Seasons by Amanda Blake Soule ( RoostBooks.com is offering 30% Off + Free Shipping for the month of May with the code: SimpleQueen)
• Joy the Baker Cookbook: 100 Simple and Comforting Recipes by Joy Wilson
• EvoLuxe—Use the code 2012MAMA for 15% off through May 8
• House & Hold—Use the code SIMPLEDESIGN for 10% off through May 8
• Le Creuset
• Peugeot Spice Mills
• Soy Delites Candles—Use the code SIMPLEMOM15 for 15 % off
• Teach Your Tot
• Allora Handmade—Use the code MOTHERSDAY for 15% off through May 13
• Chocolate and Steel—Check the site for the current monthly special
• Funky Vintage Lovely—Use the code SIMPLE for 10% off through May 13
• Lisa Leonard—Use the code SIMPLEMOM20 for 20% off through May 2nd
• Mercy House—Every purchase directly supports the Mercy House maternity home in Kenya!
• Native Shop—Use the code QUEEN25 for 25% off through May 8
• Peggy Li Jewelry—Use the code “SHSMOM” for 20% off through May 4
• Savage Heart—Use the code SIMPLELOVE for 15% off through May 8
Thank you to all our sponsors!