Author: Aimee - adapted from The Perfect Pantry by Alana Chernila
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 2 mins
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Waffle Mix (recipe above)
- Cooking spray or oil for the waffle iron
- Preheat the oven to 200F. Beat the egg whites to soft peaks with a mixer fit with the wire whip. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or large liquid measure, whisk together the egg yolks, melted butter, buttermilk, milk and vanilla.
- Scoop 2 cups of mix into a medium bowl. Stir the wet mixture into the dry mix until combined, then stir in a big spoonful of the beaten egg white. Using a silicone spatula, gently fold the remaining egg whites into the batter.
- Grease your waffle iron and scoop 1/2 cup of batter into the hot iron. Cook per the machine's instructions, use tongs to remove the waffles from the iron, and keep the waffles in a a200F oven until serving.
Recipe by Simple Bites at http://www.simplebites.net/how-to-make-your-own-waffle-mix/