|Apple Pie Steel-Cut Oats (Slow-Cooker) |
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 6 hours
Total time: 6 hours 5 mins
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup coffee cream (1/2 & 1/2)
- 2 Tablespoons raw cane sugar, brown sugar, or maple syrup
- 1 medium apple, washed and grated
- 1/2 cup apple sauce or apple butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- In a 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup, mix together all the ingredients except the water, and combine well. Add the water and slowly mix to combine.
- Place the measuring cup in the bottom of a slow-cooker and nearly fill it with room temperature water. It should come up the edges of the Pyrex cup to the same level as the oatmeal.
- Cover slow-cooker and place on Low. Cook for 6 hours.
- In the morning, remove lid carefully and take out the Pyrex cup. Give the oatmeal a good stir, then portion into four bowls. Serve with cream, fresh chopped apples and toasted walnuts.
Recipe by Simple Bites at http://www.simplebites.net/how-to-cook-apple-pie-steel-cut-oats-in-a-slow-cooker/