Today could go in any number of directions.
Applesauce needs to be made and canned. It’s chicken harvest time again. I’d like to get some bulbs in the ground for next year. A dear friend has had a baby and I’m planning to make her a few meals. Or maybe we’ll just take a long Sunday walk…
We have a giveaway winner! Congratulations to Jo of Mama’s Minutia who won a copy of The Kitchn Cookbook: Recipes, Kitchens & Tips to Inspire Your Cooking! A big thank you to all who entered.
Here’s what I loved reading around the web recently:
- Homesteading For Beginners :: Never Homemaker
- Slow cooker pear-quince butter :: Girl Versus Dough
- You’re doing it right: School Lunch :: The Kitchn
- One Pot Creamy Pumpkin Penne (dairy-free) :: Heather Christo Cooks
- Family Dinners Don’t Have to Be Perfect :: HuffPost Canada
- Kale Salad with Butternut Squash, Chickpeas and Tahini Dressing :: Foodie Crush